Wednesday, February 09, 2005

ang bao till date: $110
(probably thats about all i'm going to have this year if nothing goes wrong..)

this yr is really very very quiet.. no friends open-house to go.. relatives not inviting us for gathering as per previous years... arrghhh!!! so bored! when i was at my grandma house just now, i'm basically yawning my life away...

i dunno am i the only unlucky soul or is it a norm that people are shutting their doors during CNY because they are worried of giving ang bao(s)? almost all the people i spoke to say that they dun have open house.. including mine. so sad.. my home is typical as my mum is worried of the trouble of attending to guests as well as giving away ang baos, thats why i never invite any of my friends to my home during CNY. find it so sad.. CNY is supposed to be a time where everyone open their doors to their friends and relatives and enjoy together.. however because of worrying about giving away ang baos we have killed this only chance for us to mingle and gather together.. it simply defeats the purpose of CNY... gathering, fun, enjoy...

arrrrghhh!!!

if i were to get married and/or have kids in the future, i'll definetely open-house and ask my children to invite their friends and i'll also ask my friends over as its a once in a year thing! my idea is this: whats the point of buying all the new year goodies when no one is coming to your house to eat? whats the point of decorating the house with CNY stuffs when its only for your own viewing pleasure? dun tell me that u cannot buy ba kua all year round? dun tell me u cannot eat those pineapple tarts when its not CNY? ang baos? come on lah! a few dollars per pax i dun think is too much yah? just think of the effort and transport that these people have to make to reach your home!

ok.. i'm just too crappy...

No comments: