Sunday, November 07, 2004

today entertained a financial advisor for an hour. no choice lah.. she was lilian's friend so give face abit...

anyway some things that she shared with me were rather interesting. one of them was the depletion of my money (aka savings) whenever something "important" or "big" happens in my life, such as getting married, buying a house, having children, retirement, blah blah... and after total depletion of one event, me as a layman, will slog my life away to save so as to prepare for another event that is coming my way...

of coz, after meeting her, my prejudice against financial advisors dun change at all. i know before hand already that she will surely ask me to buy insurance plans so right from the start i told her that i'm NOT looking into insurance. so halfway into the discussion, she used a scenario to describe the importance of insurance: assuming that i suay suay (*touchwood*) kena some illness and she said that i may need about $1500 per month (for medical bills + hire private nurse) till the day i die. guess what? the whole amounted to $1.6 million! yah... it sure sound scary for that big bill... but look at it another way: is my life worth $1.6 million? if i'm to insure myself up to $1.6 million, how much do i need to fork out per month for my insurance premium? $1000? tats a JOKE!! i mean if u want to scare me with figures... u may succeed with others lah but pls... if that were to suay suay happen to me, i'll plead for early death... serious...

luckily i told her that i need to go early if not i dunno how many hours she will need... anyway before we part our seperate ways, she requested that i give her some contacts of friends who might be interested in her services. i refused many many times yet she kept on pressing me. dun worry folks.. i did not give any of your contacts to her as i seriously dun see the need to help her in her business when i dun earn a single cent + i dun want anyone of you to come screaming at me...

after knowing that i have no money to invest + no extra contacts, she kinda gave me the "i'm du-lan because u wasted my time + no give me more contacts" kind of look... somemore still want me to meet her at her office this weekend... nah... wait long long bah... u want u fax the report over.. want me to waste my precious time to bugis to listen to your preaching?? u wait even longer bah...


p/s: to my frens who are financial advisors.. just dun approach me to buy such things. i'll appreciate that. i'll be even more glad if you dun give my contacts to your colleagues... i've enough of such nuisance calls... thank god my mobile plan is incoming free...

No comments: