Saturday, April 11, 2009

for the benefit of those who are still unaware yet is suspicious of something amiss, yes, i'm retrenched w.e.f. 01-apr-2009. 20% of those in my company lost our jobs.

its certainly not an april's fool joke.


its a painful day which i'll remember.


its a day where i'm thrown off to the valley of my career.


my worst nightmare as an employee has realised.





the reasons:

a. its not due to my performance as assured by my manager as he wrote me a testimonial for my future employers.

b. its due to the economic conditions, where the company is not making enough profits. note, its not even losing money yet.

c. one of the reasons i'm chosen is that i've very good qualifications, i'm young, so i 'should not' have much problems to be employed again...



really, my eyes are a little wet when i'm receiving this piece of bad news. i'm in a state of shock. i'm only 6 months into this company and i'm very comfortable here. i'm looking forward to another few years but its just a wishful thinking on my side. i'm plans for myself, my family, my career: i'm accepted by an australian university to pursue my doctorate degree, my wedding is around the corner, i'm looking forward to more contributions and learning opportunities in the company...

everything seems to be a dream now, a dream which its becoming like a fantasy than a possible reality...

i'm fearful of telling my family or relatives. its not because of face issue, but knowing my dad so well (or so unwell), i'm sure he will reprimand me for changing jobs, etc. why go though all these when there are no solutions in the end? its not as though he owns his own business and i can help out in the meantime?

i'm staying as positive as i can now. looking out for jobs everyday from morning till night, sending out resumes to almost any job opening which i think i still stand a chance, and deep in my heart praying that i can be granted for an interview....

anyway thanks to those who have been trying to help by recommending me job opportunities, referrals, etc. i appreciate all your kind gestures from the bottm of my heart and do allow me to thank you all in person and in any other ways whenever i can...

just like the title of my blog: life's a ferry wheel, there are ups and downs in a person's journey in life. perhaps i've reached the bottom where after a step-over, i'm ready to fly high again....

i should stay positive, and believe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: